Polytut uses WebGL technology which enables the rendering of 3D in web browsers. This is a relatively new technology and has some teething issues.
There are measures that can be taken for an optimal experience. Please read these tips and the recommended specs to get the most out of Polytut.
(in order of potential impact)
Web Browser (very important)
- tests have shown that Google Chrome is the best performing browser to run Polytut
- Mozilla Firefox tends to drop in frame rate and requires toggling full screen to fix this issue
- WebGL "fullscreen mode" has a big impact on performance on some systems
- browser fullscreen (activated by pressing F11 in most browsers) is a good alternative to WebGL fullscreen
- close other tabs open in your browser and any programs running in the background
- make sure your web browser is updated to the latest version
- ensure your video card drivers are also up to date
Upon purchasing a license and activating your registration you will be bound to Polytut's license agreement. Please read the agreement before using Polytut. You can read it here.
CPU: i5 or equivalent
RAM: 4 GB
GPU RAM: 4 GB
NETWORK: Broadband internet connection
~155 MB HDD SPACE REQUIRED
GET IN TOUCH
Polytut should run at close to 60 frames per second. If you feel as though the performance is sluggish please email firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to include your hardware and software specs.
If you have any suggestions, requests or have come across any bugs or other issues please write to the supplied email address. Reporting of this kind will be greatly appreciated so please don't hesitate to reach out.